Nebentätigkeit: wo Lohnsteuer und Solidaritätzuschlag eintragen?

• Hi,

I hope english is ok! I have a "nebentätigkeit" as a "dozent" at a german university. I received payments from the university after taxes for "lohnsteuer" (klasse vi) and "solidaritätszuschlag" were removed. I am now in the very final phase of completing my income tax return and have no idea where to enter this information. If I enter it into the "selbstständige" part of the tax forms, there is no place to enter the lohnsteuer tax and soli tax which have already been received by the finanzamt. Do I enter this information into nichtselbstständige (111, 141, 151) even though I can only fill out these three slots?

Help in GERMAN or ENGLISH greatly appreciated!!

• Hello eri0929,

if you paid Lohnsteuer and Solidaritätszuschlag your employer has to hand out a form called "Lohnsteuerbescheinigung" (mostly only electronic because it has to be sent to the tax authorities in electronic form). This form is the basis for your entries in the tax return - form "nichtselbständige Tätigkeit".
    This form has to be filled according to the entries in "Lohnsteuerbescheinigung" - all data are given, just type in what is written in the Lohnsteuerbescheinigung. All paid taxes are included in the "Lohnsteuerbescheinigung" so the entries in the tax return are very simple.

If you didn't get a copy of the Lohnsteuerbescheinigung please, ask your employer.